The following criteria are specified by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) on behalf of the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education (MOE):
- Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Equivalency Certificate
- English Proficiency
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Applicants must have a primary degree.
- Applicants should have a CGPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale from their primary degree.
- Applicants who have a CGPA of less than 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale from their primary degree, may be admitted for 2 modules of the MSc programmes. If the applicant achieves an average CGPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale for these 2 modules, they may progress with the MSc programme.
- All primary degrees awarded outside of the United Arab Emirates, or that are not on the UAE MOE approved list, must be assessed for equivalency by the Ministry of Education.
- Contact should be made with the Ministry of Education (MOE). MOE can be contacted at the following numbers:
+971 4 217 6666
Call Centre 80051115
- MOE staff will guide you through the requirements of the process. Please note, that depending on the country from which you obtained your primary degree, this process can take a considerable amount of time. You are advised to start the process as early as possible.
- A TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer based or 79 on the internet-based test, or the equivalent score on another standardised test approved by MOE, such as an IELTS score of 6.0 is required for completion the MSc programmes.
- There are two exceptions to the above:
- If you are a native speaker of English and have completed your undergraduate education in an English institution in a country where English is the official language.
- If you were admitted to and graduated from an English medium institution and can provide evidence that you acquired a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the paper-based test (or its equivalent on another standardised test approved by MOE) upon admission to your undergraduate programme.
- Applicants may be accepted onto the MSc programmes provided they have a TOEFL score of at least 530 on the paper-based test, 197 on the computer based test or 71 on the internet-based test (or its equivalent using a standardised test approved by MOE). Applicants may complete 2 modules of the MSc programme, after which they must submit a TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper-based test or its equivalent
Please note that English proficiency tests are valid for 2 years after they are taken. If your result is more than 2 years old then you are required to obtain a new result.
For further information please contact Winona D'Souza at firstname.lastname@example.org.