Programme Learning Outcomes
- Develop the personal and professional capacity to lead in healthcare organisations.
- Critically appraise modern leadership theory and practice and develop the ability to apply leadership approaches that are at the forefront of informed best practice in healthcare.
- Analyse and synthesise complex management and leadership problems and deploy a range of people management skills particularly, in relation to the management of multi-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary teams.
- Examine the role of health economics, quality improvement, financial management, human resources management and the principles of governance in leading effective innovative services.
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge assumptions and to question processes, policies and procedures in healthcare, at individual and organisational levels.
- Develop as a reflective practitioner with the skills, insight, confidence and awareness necessary to identify and implement evidence-based innovative management and leadership practices.
- Develop a strategic mindset, understand the theoretical underpinnings of strategic leadership and demonstrate the capacity to deploy a range of strategic methodologies.
- Recognise the importance of leadership and innovation and develop the capacity to effectively manage and lead in a diverse healthcare setting.