Doctorate in Education (ongoing) Institute of Education, University of London
Masters of Science in IT in Education
H.Dip. Information Technology
BA (Nua-Ghaeilge, Maths)
• Irish Learning Technology Association (ILTA): Treasurer
• Educational Developers in Ireland Network (EDIN): member
• Association for Learning Technology (ALT): member
• Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA): member
Social Media in education
ePortfolios for learning and reflection
Blogging for reflective practice
Social media and digital brand of the academic
Rresearch and publications
- Doctorate in Education (Ed.D) research focus: Exploration into how ePortfolios afford creative practices within student learning.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2013). How can I support students to develop reflective and creative ePortfolios on a professional development Masters programme? 3rd Annual Action Research Colloquium. 19th – 20th June 2013.
- O’Keeffe, Donnelly (2013). Exploration of ePortfolios for Adding Value and Deepening Student Learning in Contemporary Higher Education. International Journal of ePortfolios. 3(1).
- O’Keeffe, M (2012) Supporting Professionalism in Educational Development in Irish Higher Education. http://arrow.dit.ie/libart/10/
- O’Keeffe, M (2012) Exploring Supports Provided for Student ePortfolio Development in a Professional Development Context. http://arrow.dit.ie/libart/9/
- O’Keeffe (2012) ePortfolios for Learning, Proceedings of EDtech conference, NUI Maynooth.
- O’Keeffe M., Boylan F., & O’Rawe, M. (2011) ‘Introducing the shift in lecturer roles as key skills and competencies are fostered in higher education students today’ SRHE Research Conference, Wales, December 7th-9th 2011. http://arrow.dit.ie/ltccon/14/
- O’Keeffe, O’Rourke, Donnelly (2011) Do ePortfolios foster creativity? An evaluative study in a professional development context. Proceedings of DIVERSE Conference, Dublin.
- O’Keeffe, Crehan (2010) Using Blogs to foster reflective practice for professional development of teaching staff in higher education, Proceedings of LIN/NAIRTL conference Dublin, Ireland. http://www.nairtl.ie/documents/CrehanandOKeefe.pdf.
- O’Keeffe (2009) An Evolutionary Pathway to establish sustainable NDLR SMARTCops, ASCILITE conference, New Zealand.
- O’Keeffe, Cashman & O’Regan (2008) Supporting the development of communities of practice: informal versus formal communities. ALT-C conference, Leeds, UK.
- O’Keeffe, Brabazon (2008) Digital learning resources to assist presentation skills of engineering students, EE 2008, Loughborough, UK.
Muireann worked fulltime on projects relating to Learning Development and Digital Learning Innovation for the RCSI in 2013. Previous to that she was a Learning Development Officer at the Dublin Institute of Technology supporting the enhancement of academic practices with lecturers. At DIT she coordinated the MSc in Applied eLearning and lectured on the PG Dip in Third Level Teaching and Learning. She specialises in technology enhanced learning and is currently pursuing her Educational Doctorate on the topic of ePortfolios at the Institute of Education at the University of London.
Muireann has also held positions at Dublin City University, University of Stirling and Trinity College Dublin in the area of technology enhanced learning.