The programme aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge to:
- Understand the complexity and determinants of health and healthcare systems.
- Understand management, the role of the manager in healthcare and understanding how organisations work.
- Manage resources – effectively managing people, finance and organisations.
- Manage across boundaries – evaluating how services can best be configured and delivered.
- Team work effectively and manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop leadership, personal and professional learning and development skills
Modules are assessed by either an individual written assignment, team assignment or an examination.