Professional Diploma in Clinical Leadership
The Professional Diploma in Clinical Leadership is unique in that it is an interdisciplinary specialist postgraduate programme designed for busy healthcare professionals who wish to develop their leadership skills.
Participants will undertake a unique programme of study, which will be evidence-based, innovative and designed to meet the immediate development needs of both themselves and their healthcare organisations. There will be a strong emphasis on personal and professional development and significant applications of psychometric measurement.
The development of systems thinking and transformational leadership will be a major focus of this
programme. The programme will also incorporate international thinking derived from advances in
positive psychology and positive organisations scholarship. As such, it is the first such programme in
Ireland to incorporate these developments.
Benefits to the participant:
• Opportunity to study a Clinical Leadership Programme that has been designed and delivered
by the RCSI Leadership Institute faculty who have deep expertise in their respective fields.
• Learning with multi-disciplinary health professionals in a flexible, constructivist environment
• Study at your own pace and suitable time
• Obtain a post graduate Professional Diploma at level 9
• Complete a business plan for an improvement project that will make a difference in their work place
The programme is delivered over 8 months with 3 in class days. Classes run from 9.00am till 5.00pm. All teaching takes place at the Institute of Leadership, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
The fees for this programme are €5750 for EU Students and €9900 for non EU Students