A Note of Thanks: HSE HBS Future Leaders Development Programme
A note from HSE Health Business Services Deputy Director, Mr John Smith:
The first participants in the HBS Future Leaders Programme graduated in November in the RCSI Institute of Leadership in Sandyford.
All of our business units were represented in this first group of HBS senior leaders. The participants presented the learning outcomes they experienced during this challenging programme and gave an overview of the projects they have been working on during the course of the endeavor.
The projects covered a diverse range of subjects including:
• Alignment of the HBS Estates and Procurement engagement model to customer service needs. An evaluation of current customer experiences in one CHO and Hospital Group to ensure we are providing customer centric services.
• Collaborative Working - HBS Leading the way. The development of a collaborative working guide for HBS to support the development of a collaborative working culture.
• Welcome to the HBS Family. The development of an online induction programme for HBS staff. This will be plat formed on the new "Staff Welcome" page, on the HBS intranet site.
• Development of a HBS infomercial to communicate the business scope and value- add HBS provides to the HSE as a whole.
• Call 1-800-RECRUIT. An analysis of customer contacts with the NRS which will be used as a platform for improved communications.
The hard work and commitment of all the participants on the first programme was acknowledged and certificates were presented on the day by Jane Carolan, National Director of HBS. There is an absolute commitment from the management team to ensure these invaluable projects are supported to ensure complete delivery on the recommended outcomes.
Well done to all the participants!
We would like to express a special word of our thanks to Prof. Ciaran O'Boyle and the team in the RCSI Institute of Leadership (Tina, Caroline, Theresa, Sile, Gearoid and Jess) for delivering this very successful programme and for the support of our colleagues in HSE HR Leadership, Education and Talent Development for their on-going commitment to HBS as we seek to deliver on our promise to support Our People.
The second group of HBS participants have already commenced their leadership programme and we wish them every success in their journey.